Do you spend hours at a time sitting in an office chair, only to find that your neck and shoulders start to ache? If so, adding a headrest to your chair may be the solution you’re looking for. In this blog post, we will show you how to add a headrest to an office chair in just a few easy steps. Read on for more information.
How To Add A Headrest To An Office Chair
If you’re someone who spends a lot of time sitting in an office chair, you know that neck and shoulder pain can be a real issue. Luckily, there’s an easy fix: simply add a headrest to your chair.
First, remove the old headrest from your chair, if there is one. You can do this by unscrewing the bolts that hold it in place. If there are no bolts, gently pry the headrest up from the back of the chair.
#1 Method – Buy and Install Headrest Near Nameplate Screw
- First, purchase a headrest that is compatible with your office chair. Be sure to check the dimensions and weight capacity to ensure a proper fit. You can also make the headrest cover by yourself.
- Next, locate the nameplate screw on the back of the chair. This is usually located near the top of the chair’s back.
- Remove the nameplate screw and set it aside. Then, insert the headrest bracket into the opening where the nameplate screw was located. Secure the bracket in place by re-inserting the nameplate screw.
- Finally, slide the headrest onto the bracket and adjust it to your desired height. That’s it! You’ve now successfully added a headrest to your office chair. Enjoy the added comfort and support.
#2 Method – Buy and Clip up Headrest
The first thing you need to do is purchase a headrest that is compatible with your office chair. You can find these online or at most office supply stores. And, now follow the below steps:
- Get a headrest that is comfortable for you and matches the style of your office chair.
- Locate the two small metal clips on the back of the headrest.
- Slide the headrest into place so that the metal clips fit into the slots on the back of the chair.
- Sit back and relax! Your headrest is now in place and you can enjoy the added support and comfort it provides.
If you have any questions or need help with this process, please feel free to contact us and we would be happy to assist you. Thanks for reading!
Pro Tip: If you have neck pain, you know how it can not only be painful, but also make it difficult to focus on your work. The wrong desk chair can make neck pain worse. So, review this article: best desk chair for neck pain.
How Important is Headrest to Add to Chairs?
Office chairs are one of the most important pieces of furniture in any workspace. They provide comfort and support to help you get through your workday. However, even the best office chair can cause neck and shoulder pain if it doesn’t have a headrest.
A headrest helps to support your head and neck, preventing strain and pain. It also allows you to sit back and relax in your chair, instead of having to sit up straight all day.
Prevention of pain
If you spend a lot of time sitting in an office chair, adding a headrest is a simple and inexpensive way to improve your comfort and prevent pain.
The right headrest can also help you maintain good posture. When you sit up straight in your chair, your spine is in its natural alignment.
However, when you slouch, your spine is forced out of alignment, which can lead to pain. A headrest helps to keep your spine aligned, even when you’re sitting back in your chair.
Pro Tip: Are you looking for the best office chair for buttock pain? But don’t know where to start? Look no further, we’ve got you covered.
If you spend a lot of time sitting in an office chair, we recommend adding a headrest to help support your head and neck.
Headrests are a simple way to improve comfort and prevent pain. In this article, we’ve shown you how to add a headrest to an office chair.
We hope you find this information helpful and that it helps you stay comfortable and pain-free while you work. Thanks for reading!